Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yvonne and Russ Come to Spain!

So, I'm a little behind on my posts. Yvonne and Russ were here in Madrid about two weeks ago! It was really nice to catch up with Yvonne, get to know Russ better, and have a chance to show them around my current home. Thursday night I met up with them for tapas and vermouth. I mean, really, when does a guest come and I don't make them try vermouth?



Friday, we explored the Reina Sofía, enjoyed chocolate con churros at El Brillante then munched our way through the Mercado San Miguel.



Saturday, we wandered around the Plaza de España and headed over to the Templo de Debod. I'd been meaning to mark that off my list for awhile, so I was happy! Basically, the Egyptian government gifted an ancient Egyptian temple to Spain, and they shipped the whole darn thing to Madrid! Afterward, we headed over to the plaza de toros to check it out from the outside. Bull fighting is not on my list of things to do, but the building is really pretty. That night, we cheated and ate Mexican food. Because it's just so good. I mistakenly ordered 2 pitchers of margarita instead of water, so their last night here was a fun one!



I had a blast with them in town and wish I could have Brown reunions all the time. Thanks for coming, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment