Having my mom here for a week was lovely. We went to some of my favorite restaurants as well as some new ones, including La Buga del Lobo (a refreshing break from heavy fried food) and El Brillante (possibly the best chocolate con churros I've had yet). We also spent a bunch of time with our cousin, Marilén, who my mom hadn't seen in about 14 years. We visited the royal palace, which I'd never done before. And to finish up, we checked out the Reina Sofía, Madrid's modern art museum and home of the Guernica, possibly Picasso's most famous painting. (Note: It is MUCH bigger than this in real life.)

Oh, and most importantly, we met Spiderman (or Espeederman if you prefer).


I'll dedicate a separate post to this semester's classes, but on the whole I think I'm going to like them. I have 5 courses this time, which is a lot. And pretty much all of my homework will be reading. Lots and lots of reading. Guess who's going to be spending more time in the library!
A final highlight of the week was going with Megan to pick up our lotería winnings. We're rolling in dough!
No comments:
Post a Comment