Friday:
• Ate lunch at one of the best deals in town, La Finca de Susana (which Susannah and I will have to eat at, obvi) then wandered around the touristy neighborhoods on foot for hours before filling up on pastries at the Madrid institution that is La Mallorquina and tapas where Matt tried his first Spanish chorizo.
• Rented bikes and rode around El Retiro and La Elipa, a park to the east of my piso.
• Watched Real Madrid KILL Racing Santander. Even from the nose-bleed section, Cristiano Ronaldo and Iker Casillas are cute as buttons (oh, and they're pretty good at fútbol too, I guess). We were surrounded by Santander fans with colorful language, and Matt was able to make out some of the vocab Claudia has taught him. ("Puta! I know that one!")
• Met up with Megan at El Rastro.
• Ate lunch at this ridiculously awesome Galician seafood restaurant. That's right, folks. Christina wrote "awesome" and "seafood" in the same sentence. Look Ma and Pa! I'm eating octopus!
Monday:
• I went to class while Matt checked out the Guernica then we went out to dinner at Casa Mingo, which is like Wright's Chicken Farm except better.
I will most definitely have developed michelinas by the time Matt leaves, but it'll be totally worth it. This Thursday we head to La Rioja for the long weekend where we will, surprise surprise, drink wine and eat ourselves silly. Can't wait!
Michelina? Me gusta!
ReplyDeleteObviously Matt's tummy is better, eh?
ReplyDeletemmmm meat! so excited for our trip to madrid!
ReplyDelete