Yesterday, I learned that one of our Branson classmates died in what sounds like a pretty horrific car accident. Lauren and I were never close, yet this news has affected me quite a bit. I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
The intersection between death and Facebook is an eerie place. The wall, normally a forum for pithy comments, is currently being filled with messages written to Lauren in her absence. Not sure how I feel about that.
In any case, to all of my friends and loved ones: you're the best, and you mean a lot to me! Take care of yourselves, be safe, and for heaven's sake, please wear a seatbelt.
Thank you for reminding and encouraging everyone to WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS.
ReplyDeleteLauren's death was so needless and preventable.
I also just heard about Lauren's death, and I am also having a bit of a hard time dealing with it. Miss you.
ReplyDelete