If you want in on the winnings, you have until December 22 to kiss up to me as much as possible!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
El Gordo
This week, Megan and I went in on this little beauty together:
That right there is a Spanish Christmas lottery ticket. The Christmas lottery is HUGE here. I've seen lines out the doors of stores waiting to buys these things. I still don't totally understand how it works (even after 2 Spaniards have tried to explain it to me). All tickets from a particular store have the same number, and most stores and restaurants seem to sell them. I think what happens is that whatever the winning number is, everyone who has that number wins. And also the jackpot is called El Gordo, which I kind of love. Sadly, when Megan and I discussed what we'll do with the money when we win, we did not say "buy a yacht" or "give to charity." Nope, our answer was "student loans!"
If you want in on the winnings, you have until December 22 to kiss up to me as much as possible!
If you want in on the winnings, you have until December 22 to kiss up to me as much as possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So how much????
ReplyDeleteDon't forget bling for Mama