Spain loves holidays. This time, we had a Monday holiday and a Wednesday holiday, so we didn't have school Tuesday either. This means that my weekend lasted for 6 days. While my friends and classmates took off for places like Turkey, France, and Mallorca, I stayed here in cold rainy Madrid. I can't complain too much, though, because I made this choice. It has allowed me to get a lot of work done for finals (4 down, 3 to go!). Besides, I got to enjoy some low-key but satisfying activities. For example:
• After 3 months, I finally got my Spanish ID card. I'm legal! Hooray!
• Went to see Harry Potter 6. Of course I loved it. Except for the naked shiny makeout session.
• Spent a ridiculous sum of money at Zara. But it's ok, because I really did need boots, flats, long sleeve shirts...dresses? A wool headband? Yes, yes I did. And,
after probably 10 years of fighting it, I finally gave in and bought some leggings.
• Made brownies from scratch WITHOUT measuring cups or spoons. Or unsweetened chocolate. Or vanilla extract. AND THEY WERE DELICIOUS.
Anyway, I've been working hard and am definitely ready for a break. Home in a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment