
I'm kind of in love with them and was in desperate need for some wintry footwear. Also, Spanish women love them some boots. This was my first "Spanish fashion" purchase since I got here. I gotta say, madrileƱos have style, but it can be hit or miss. Some misses:
• The Dread Mullet: More common than you think.

• Hammer Pants: Ok, these are Hammer jumpsuits, but they are also popular. The pants are an ankle length non-jumpsuit version of this. And, to be accurate, here they're called Morrocan pants.

• Sara Carbonero bracelets: No, the wearers of these bracelets are not devout Christians who carry around rosaries. These are people who worship Sara Carbonero, a sports reporter and the girlfriend of Iker Casillas (World Cup champion goalie).

Winter fashion seems to be much more conservative and less insane than Summer (minus the enormous quantity of fur coats), but here's one classic Spanish Summer clothing item I can get behind:
• Espadrilles!: Yes, I like them, shut up. Can't wait 'til Spring so I can buy a pair of these puppies.
No comments:
Post a Comment